Belleville , MI
Quality Control, $11.00/hour - Belleville, Michigan
Key job tasks:
• Conduct safe launch/100% final quality audits as assigned by Quality Manager.
• Monitor product quality by sampling parts during production runs including gaging.
• Maintain daily inspection summary reports from Inspection area. Consolidate and prepare these reports for review with Quality and Production Managers.
• Immediately advise both the Quality Manager and Production Manager when there are repetitive, out-of-specification conditions being encountered in Production.
• Work closely in a Team atmosphere with Shift Leaders and Production Team Members to ensure Quality goals are met.
• Lead person in packaging and labeling all standard OEM Service (GM, MBUSI, Nissan, Chrysler) and Export shipments (Nissan P42K Russia, Chrysler K4 China).
• Assist as backup Quality Technician as applicable to training on a temporay basis.
• Assist Quality Technician with daily Tensile Test on production parts using the laboratory Tensile Tester and ensure data is logged and results posted at work cells.
• Monitor / Audit production boards for accuracy to include work instructions and inspection plans.
• Conduct either Layered Process Audits and / or Internal Audits as requested.
• Assist in daily Inbound and outbound shipment audits for accuracy.
• Assist Quality Technician with Receiving inspection of components as described within the inspection plans.
• Any other task pertaining to the job as may be assigned by Management.
• Place all garbage/waste and recyclable materials in correct containers and/or locations.
• When dealing with liquids or chemicals of any kind, it is the responsbility of each employee to be familiar with handling instructions.
• Assist in maintaining a safe and clean environment within the company’s facilities, parking lots, and grounds.
Physical and Mental Demands:
• Regular and punctual attendance
• Work primarily is performed in a production environment and will be exposed to conditions (e.g., heat, cold) normally encountered in a production environment
• Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
• Ability to lift, carry, move, push and/or pull up to 35 pounds
• Ability to remain stable when bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting, carrying, reaching, standing, moving, and/or positioning one’s self
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability to see and hear, with or without correction
• Dexterity of hands and fingers required.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Basic requirements and qualifications:
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Basic math skills required and Geometry/Trigonometry skills preferred.
• Forklift experience preferred.
• A minimum of one-year previous experience with Mayser products preferred.
• Hands-on technical aptitude and experience.
• High school diploma or similar (GED)
• Minimum 1 to 2 years’ experience in Quality preferred.
Job Order #: 193045