We are seeking the ideal candidate to fill a Maintenance Technician position. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing repair and maintenance on equipment in a production facility. This person reports directly to the Production Manager and work closely with the Chief Operating Officer and is a member of the Production department.
Our Why: We believe in cultivating partnerships never before formed in the lighting industry. Partnerships that allow us to source the best materials, attract the most talented team members, provide interactions that inspire greatness, and not only meet—but anticipate—the needs of our partners and their customers.
Develops, performs, coordinates and documents industrial maintenance of all production equipment with minimal supervision.
· Troubleshoots production equipment with vendor support.
· Performs all repair and preventative maintenance duties to equipment: Clean, lubricate, and adjust parts, equipment, and machinery. Analyze test results, machine error messages, and information obtained from operators in order to diagnose equipment problems
· Disassembles machinery and equipment to remove parts and make repairs. Examines parts for defects such as breakage and excessive wear. Observes and tests the operation of machinery and equipment in order to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters and other testing devices. Operates newly repaired machinery and equipment to verify the adequacy of repairs
· Reassembles equipment after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs. Repairs and maintains the operating condition of industrial production and processing machinery and equipment. Continually monitors machinery and make necessary adjustments to ensure proper operation
· Studies blueprints and manuals to determine correct installation and operation of machinery
· Cuts and welds metal to repair broken metal parts, fabricate new parts, and assemble new equipment
· Records parts and materials used, and orders or requisitions new parts and materials as necessary. Records repairs and maintenance performed
· Leads problem solving workshops and participates in lean continuous improvement methodologies
· Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Company and OSHA standards
· Completes all paperwork and/or electronic updates as required
· Degree in mechanical technology or equivalent experience preferred
· Minimum of 2 years industrial maintenance experience required
· Previous experience with lean thinking and standardization implementation
· Ability to properly use test equipment, heavy industrial shop tools and equipment, diagnose and trouble-shoot equipment malfunctions and systems failure
· Excellent problem analysis and problem resolution skills
· Able to handle multiple, complex priorities and balance the needs of each according to business impact
· Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting, bending, kneeling, climbing and working in awkward positions and tight areas)