Grand Rapids, MI
Inspectors needed on 3rd shift 10 pm to 6 am $13.00 located in Grand Rapids
Inspects product using established specifications that ensure quality. Packs finished product according to customer requirements and established specifications.
• Reviews Quality Standards: Studies production orders, drawings, manufacturing and customer specifications. Verifies specifications with supervisor and quality assurance department, as needed.
• Identifies Product Quality: Physically and manually inspects products and dimensional characteristics and follows SOP’s and Work Instructions regarding non-conformances.
• Packaging Materials: Reviews order requirements and expected product output per shift or assignment. Gathers necessary materials, preps boxes, liners, bags and other supplies per spec.
• Label Creation: Reviews production order and specifications. Inputs information into computer and prints the required labels. Verifies accuracy of label content.
• Wrap and Pack: Reviews order specifications and materials to wrap and pack product in compliance with order.
• Documentation: Accurately notes quantity counts. Utilizes basic math, reading and use of ruler skills. Completes required paperwork per department work instructions.
• Inspection Completion: Obtains Quality Assurance approval. Segregates all rejects. Records and summarizes inspection process per department work instructions. Notifies operator of defects immediately.
• Department Schedule: Works the standard shift. May be required to work additional hours when needed.
• High school Diploma or GED
• Minimum experience required.
• Reads and follows detailed instructions.
• High degree of attention to detail.
• Possesses basic mathematical aptitude.
• Accurately reads measuring rule.
• Possesses effective communication skills.
• May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
• Must be able to work safely with materials and equipment.
• The ability to read and understand documents and drawings.
• The ability to follow direction or instruction.
• The ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Works in controlled Manufacturing environment.
• Hearing protection recommended.
• Hair, beard nets and smocks required.
• Exposure to manufacturing and printing equipment (moving parts, cutters, etc.).
• Exposure to materials and handling equipment.
• Exposure to odors associated with manufacturing.
• Ability to work overtime as needed