Hilton Head Island, SC
We are hiring immediately for a refinishing technician with carpentry and general maintenance/handyman-type of experience. Located on Hilton Head Island at a beautiful resort, this job will last several weeks or more and will start at $20/hour. Overall duties will include assisting with renovating condos.
1) Measure and mark cutting lines on materials, using ruler, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
2) Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
3) Verify trueness of structure, using the proper levels.
4) Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saw.
5) Study specifications in blueprints, sketches or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
6) Assemble and fasten materials to make framework or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
7) Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, and other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, carpenter's hand tools, and power tools.
8) Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
9) Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools.
10) Install structures and fixtures, such as windows, frames, flooring, and trim, or hardware, using carpenter's hand and power tools.
11) Select and order lumber and other required materials
12) Maintain records, document actions and present written progress reports.
13) Finish surfaces of woodwork or wallboard in houses and buildings, using paint, hand tools, and paneling.
14) Prepare cost estimates for clients or employers.
15) Inspect ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures.
16) Work with and/or remove hazardous material.
17) Construct forms and chutes for pouring concrete.
18) Cover subfloors with building paper to keep out moisture and lay hardwood, parquet, and wood - strip - block floors by nailing floors to subfloor or cementing them to mastic or asphalt base.
19) Fill cracks and other defects in plaster or plasterboard and sand patch, using patching plaster, trowel, and sanding tool.