Job Description Inventory Clerk
1) Compiles and maintains records of quantity, type, and value of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies stocked in establishment: Counts material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies in stock and posts totals to inventory records, manually or using computer.
2) Compares inventories to office records or computes figures from records, such as sales orders, production records, or purchase invoices to obtain current inventory.
3) Verifies clerical computations against physical count of stock and adjusts errors in computation or count, or investigates and reports reasons for discrepancies.
4) Compiles information on receipt or disbursement of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies, and computes inventory balance, price, and cost.
5) Prepares reports, such as inventory balance, price lists, and shortages.
6) Prepares list of depleted items and recommends survey of defective or unusable items.
7) May operate office machines, such as typewriter or calculator.
8) May stock and issue materials or merchandise.
Load and unload products from trailers using forklift trucks and other material handling equipment.
Store the products in proper places in warehouse.
Transport products to and from warehouse and distribution centers.
Deliver products to various units in safely and timely manner.
Sort, pack, wrap, tie and label products as per company procedures.