We are hiring immediately for a Maintenance position in beautiful Sheldon, SC!
Work week is Monday - Friday. 7:00-3:30 and Fridays off around 12 noon.
Previous experience preferred, reliable, punctual and efficient. Must pass a background check and have reliable transportation.
Responsibilities include performing general facility maintenance. Ensures that all support and service is conducted and fulfilled in a manner consistent with the goals and objectives of company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs general facility maintenance, to include non - skilled plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, HVAC and concrete work.
Performs preventative maintenance on scheduled and seasonal basis.
Responds to all emergencies and alarms when on duty, or otherwise in an on - call status.
Assists with set up of meeting room and A/V equipment as needed.
Operate power tools to include pressure washer, saws, drills, paint sprayer, nail guns, etc.
Responsible for maintenance and security of facility maintenance tools and equipment.
Performs regular monthly fire extinguisher inspections property - wide
Performs other duties as required.
1. Capable of working extended hours, to include weekends and holidays as necessary.
2. Able to see well enough to read faint or partially obscured writing or printing, with corrective lenses if needed.
3. Must be able to speak English in a clear and understandable voice so that various types of communications may be conducted with people of various levels of education and capabilities, to include the exchange and receipt of information over the telephone.
4. Position involves sitting, standing, stooping, kneeling, pushing, shoving, lifting, carrying and moving objects that can weigh up to 100 lbs. This movement can occur throughout the day.
5. Must be able to drive a car, and possess a valid driver's license. Must be able to transport self around the facilities and amenities.
6. This position will alternate between working indoors in a controlled climate and with proper lighting, to an outdoors setting with variable climate and lighting.
7. Must be able to interact with all types of individuals, be mentally alert, detail oriented, and have good reasoning skills.
8. Must be able to work in small and confined spaces for extended periods of time.
1. Must be able to work on more than one task at a time with frequent interruptions, changes and delays. Must be able to remain focused and work effectively, efficiently, and cheerfully under such circumstances. For safety reasons, employee must remain alert to working conditions and aware of safety, health, and environmental concerns.
The employee will be in the vicinity of site specific vegetation and native species of reptiles and mammals, subjecting the employee to possible injury from contact or bites. Proper footwear, headgear, and maintenance attire should be worn for protection.
Must be able to work effectively and cheerfully in an environment which may be stressful due to adversarial situations resulting from the proper performance of duties.
Education: High school graduate or GED.
Knowledge/Skills: Working knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and carpentry trades. Able to work and complete assignments with minimal supervision; must be able to work independently and make competent decisions involving various assignments.
Experience: 3-5 years experience in multi - faceted maintenance position preferred.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job when circumstances change; e.g., emergencies, rush jobs, changes in personnel, workload, technological developments, etc.