We are looking for an experienced Admin to work for a nationally recognized mortgage banking company in the Jackson area. The Admin Assistant will be responsible for performing full administrative duties in support of the branch office by providing customer service, conducting research, preparing reports, handling information requests, ordering supplies and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, copying, filing, faxing, and scheduling meetings.
• Answer incoming calls, provide responsive and courteous service to callers by providing information or routing them to the appropriate party as needed.
• Perform general clerical duties and office support, to include, but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mail distribution and filing.
• Maintain a tidy and comfortable office space by picking up waste, watering plants, tidying kitchen area, refreshing magazines, etc.
• Monitor, reconcile, and respond to appraisal and credit report invoice discrepancies.
• Compose, type, and distribute correspondence and memos.
• Contact escrow companies in regards to trailing items, tracking items and following up accordingly until all documents are received.
• Provide assistance auditing loan files for accuracy and completeness; reconcile files with actions when needed, including cancelling files and maintaining records for required time periods.
• Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
• Coordinate events, meetings, and conferences with cross-functional departments; prepare agendas and set-up meeting facilities as needed.
• Create and update forms for file flow and efficiency.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• 3 plus years of experience in an administrative assistant related role(s).
• Prior experience in Mortgage lending, Finance, or similar field preferred.
• Ability to type 60-70 wpm.