We are looking for an experienced Senior Estimator to join our Bakersfield Office team. This position is responsible for overseeing the development of accurate and timely estimates for both private and public works projects, bids large scale and design-build/alternative procurement projects.
• Review proposal specifications, drawings, soils reports and existing site conditions to determine scope of work.
• Attend pre-bid meetings.
• Oversee the good faith effort process and communicate the DBE requirements to the estimating team.
• Coordinate bid preparation requirements with Contract Administrator.
• Track work history and review schedules of projects being estimated.
• Organize estimating team to prepare bids, select vendors and/or subcontractors and determine cost effectiveness of projects to bid.
• Perform risk and contract management responsibilities as required, and report findings to the Regional Manager.
• Monitor owner changes and advise the estimating team of all changes in scope during the estimate period.
• Coordinate total estimating effort relevant to particular bid/project as assigned.
• Review final estimate and apply strategic cost factors, if necessary.
• Oversee coordination pre-bid RFI’s prior to specification cutoff date.
• Monitor post bid submission dates towards contract procurement
• Ensure proper project handoff if project is taken over by another PM/Team.
• Monitor actual cost to estimated cost.
• Coordinate scope of work with other Griffith Division and subcontractors.
• Maintain files of working documents as backup for estimating figures.
• Interface with Owner and other contractors to provide engineering and cost data regarding project feasibility.
• Oversee and approve the drafting of subcontract agreements and coordinate subcontract and purchase order administration.
• Prepare budgets, subcontracts, purchase orders and assist in preliminary project schedules.
• Follow awarded contracts as assigned. May include estimating extra work items, change orders, credits, procuring material, monitoring progress, cost/budget, revenue, etc.
• Identify and monitor upcoming, target projects.
• Upon project completion, conduct debriefing with estimating, engineering and production teams to discuss positive and negative aspects of the project.
• Mentor and manage Estimators, Junior Estimators and Interns as assigned.
• Take an active role in managing owner relationships and business development.
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree would be preferred, or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience.
• Minimum 10 years of Structures or Earthwork estimating for heavy civil projects. (Highway, Rail, Underground, Paving, Materials Manufacturing, Bridge and Airport infrastructure)
Suna provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants, with criminal histories, are considered in a manner that is consistent with local, state and federal laws.