Line Leader oversees the quality and proper packaging of all products. Supervises 16 – 20 packline employees and maintains quality standards and packages product at an optimal rate with minimal or zero defects.
Key high-level deliverable will include:
* Prepare the line to run: Set the line up; receive all tools needed from the Tool Crib; determine how the unit is packed; fill out the “first piece” sticker for QA; assign jobs to packers according to their ability and training; explain jobs to be done and follow up to see that it is being done correctly; train employees on new jobs daily.
* Conduct daily safety meetings, and maintain documentation of meetings
* Keep the line running efficiently
* Troubleshoot and solve routine production problems in conjunction with the operators
* Oversee all employees on the line
* Supervise general housekeeping
* Make sure all necessary paperwork is completed
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
* Expected schedule Monday – Thursday 5 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. OT when needed
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a manufacturing environment
- High noise level
temperature fluctuates with season
- Works around forklift and large machinery
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.
- Constant heavy lifting
Required Education and Experience:
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* Eight to twelve months related experience and/or training
* Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction
* Ethics – Treats people with respect.
* Leadership – Inspires and motivates others to perform well.
* Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Supports organizations goals and values.
* Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
* Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
* Quantity – Completes work in a timely manner.
* Teamwork – Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to read and interpret the routing and picture book.
* Ability to speak effectively before groups.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
* Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
* Knowledge of Inventory software and Word processing software.
* Ability to read and understand Bush blue prints
* Must understand metric conversion
* Must be able to use inspection tools
* Must know all duties and responsibilities of Senior Packer and Packer positions
* Must have mechanical aptitude
* Must be able to pass Quality test
* Must work well with people
* Must have good attendance record
* Must be able to work overtime as required
This position is full-time, temp-perm placement, with a starting pay of $14.51