The Production Technician is responsible for setting up and operating basic industrial machinery. This position involves weighing, blending, mixing, packaging and transporting both liquid and dry chemicals in the production of our client's products. The individual must be able to follow direction and effectively function as a member of a team. The Production Technician must ensure production of the highest quality materials at the lowest possible cost, ensuring products are produced to specification and meeting the delivery requirements of our customers
Criminal Background and Drug Screen
2 - 4 years Manufacturing experience
2 - 4 years Machine Operator experience
High School Diploma or GED equivalency
Must be able to read/comprehend written and oral instructions in English
Must have manual dexterity sufficiency to operate a wide variety of small hand tools, scales, spatulas, hand trucks, utility knives, mixing and packaging machinery and computer equipment.
Follow safety protocols discussed in orientation
Two years forklift experience
Batch mixing, blending or other chemical processing equipment preferably in building materials or painting industries
Experience with SAP
• Employees must be able to understand and comply with all safety, health and environmental procedures.
• Ensure a clean and orderly work environment following established housekeeping guidelines.
• Be able to regularly lift or move 55 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 100 lbs. with the assistance of a co-worker.
• Be able to read, understand and complete batch tickets accurately.
• Ensure the materials used in manufacturing are handled, measured and dispensed accurately with high attention to product quality.
• Be able to operate and closely monitor equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation.
• Be able to follow directions and established ISO work instructions.
• Operate production machinery and hand tools.
• Take a proactive role with the quality system ensuring all produced products meet established specifications.
• All quality nonconformance’s or equipment issues should be immediately addressed with supervision and/or management.
• Understand and comply with Safety Data Sheets (SDS's) and meet all standards related to the Safe Handling of Hazardous Materials.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Manufacturing and warehousing environment requiring heavy and sustained lifting and standing.
• Environment is subject to seasonality and changes in the weather.
• Requires the use of safety equipment as indicated by the work area such as, but not limited to, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, respirators, face shields, gloves and aprons.
• Work is almost exclusively inside and ambient conditions can be hot or cold depending on the season.
• Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, airborne particles and fumes.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk and/or hear.
• Occasionally required to sit.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds and occasionally handle up to 100 pounds with assistance.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.